- Start niets nieuws op zonder dit soort leider Wanneer we aan ons gemeente kijken zien we vaak we er niet is. We hebben niet genoeg kinderwerkers, een dynamische werk onder jongeren, een outreach bediening… De nijging in dat moment (of is het echter een verleiding?) is vaak om een plan te bedenken, erover te praten met mensen en dan iemand te vinden om […]
- The “we” that empowers There is a “we” that is empowering. People come together to achieve something bigger together. It’s never perfect, sometimes personal agendas win out over achieving the big picture. But the group dares to believe in something bigger than any one of them and they dare to set out to achieve that together. The “we” that […]
- Making stories vs. counting bodies “People count so we count people.” It’s not that I disagree with that statement. I just think it misses the mark. It betrays the fact that it defines success in terms of event attendance – as if the Great Commission was “go out, bring as many people as you can to your Sunday morning services […]
- A church worth staying for This is not a fight against change – not some cold death grip upon the last remnants of the “good ol’ days.” This is a call to remember. Remember a day before the word “marketing” was used as a substitute for “evangelism”. Remember a day when people checked their social status and biases at the […]
- Church leaders need to kick this fear in the pants A fear is beginning to surface with greater frequency among ministry leaders in the West. I see it as I travel. Some are confused by that fear. Some have not yet been acquainted with it. Some dwell so near the precipice of hope lost that acknowledging this fear might very well be the last cruel wind […]
Out of Brokenness
We have a little story to tell you. At the end of it we hope you see two things very clearly. First, that many times brokenness is the beginning of great things in the Kingdom of God. Second, that we are at the beginning of a great move here in Holland.